Vail Daily letter: Rally for recreation
October 31, 2013
Dear Avon voters,
I have received the ballot in the mail for this year's election. There is an important vote needed on Ballot Issue 2A to expand the Avon Recreation Center. This is simply a no-brainer when you learn the project can be done by extending existing payments on bond debt that is ending.
In the blue book that comes with the ballot — which has to be sent in by Nov. 5 or dropped off at county offices (there is one in Avon) — it provides a spectacular list of improvements, including climbing wall and a gym. It is great to see the restrooms and playground in Nottingham Park on the list. It is time for some basketball and volleyball leagues — I just think this is a big win.
We all love the Recreation Center and our beautiful Nottingham Park — let's rally and get our ballots in on time for us and for the town!
Thank you, Avon,
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Vail Valley Foundation announces free concert lineup for Vail and Eagle
- Hanging Lake emergencies consuming Glenwood Fire Department resources
- Vail Daily guest column: Dog rescued from shelter now saves humans’ lives
- Crisis actor allegedly refers to himself as ‘God’ after DUI arrest in Aspen
- Vail Resorts, Summit County at odds over deal for new apartment project