Vail Daily letter: Rogers was wrong
November 4, 2013
I love your paper and read it every day when I am at Beaver Creek. I am, however, very unhappy with your recent editorial ridiculing Beaver Creek homeowners for their opposition to the proposed roller coaster to be built on that beautiful mountain. NIMBY is not a pejorative when referring to a roller coaster or a "mountain flyer." My God, what greater purpose does this monstrosity serve? Mr. Lovell of Vail Resorts says it "will allow a broader and more diverse group of kids and their families to enjoy and experience Beaver Creek." Beaver Creek charges $126 per day to ski. It is obviously not meant for a broad segment of any society.
You also suggest that Beaver Creek homeowners are somehow elite and live at a place that you can't afford. Well, I can afford to be there because I have busted my fanny working for 40 years, the first five of which saw no vacations and 80-hour weeks, the next five few vacations and still long hours. I still work and will travel over 200,000 miles internationally this year. Said another way, I have earned every penny I have and will not apologize to anyone for my success. Oh, by the way, I think I am a very typical homeowner at Beaver Creek.
Still love your paper and will read it every day I am there.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ reality show, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Letter: Elimination of Vail Health pediatric doctors will impact children of valley
- Second rash of West Vail thieves hit at least seven unlocked vehicles
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his last lift ride
- Eagle County approves Edwards area, 120-unit 6 West Apartments plan