Vail Daily letter: Simple solution
July 22, 2013
Every once in a while, government gets something right. In this case, the town of Vail did.
For many years, there have been problems with dogs running into the playground at Bighorn Park in East Vail, usually right after swimming in the lake, and either shaking water all over unsuspecting children and parents or just running around the area having fun. This often caused some harsh words and conflict between dog owners who claimed their dogs were unable to read the signs saying they were not allowed in the playground and children and parents who did not want dogs in that area.
Now, thanks to the wisdom of the town, there is a fabulous gate preventing dogs from entering and keeping children in the playground safely. On behalf of dog owners and parents who use and love Bighorn Park, thank you to the town and the designer of the best gate in Vail!
Carol L. Goldstein
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- School board says no to Walking Mountains, yes to $510K scholastic app
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl
- Hovey & Harrison opening in Edwards, offering meal subscriptions