Vail Daily letter: Simple solution
July 22, 2013
Every once in a while, government gets something right. In this case, the town of Vail did.
For many years, there have been problems with dogs running into the playground at Bighorn Park in East Vail, usually right after swimming in the lake, and either shaking water all over unsuspecting children and parents or just running around the area having fun. This often caused some harsh words and conflict between dog owners who claimed their dogs were unable to read the signs saying they were not allowed in the playground and children and parents who did not want dogs in that area.
Now, thanks to the wisdom of the town, there is a fabulous gate preventing dogs from entering and keeping children in the playground safely. On behalf of dog owners and parents who use and love Bighorn Park, thank you to the town and the designer of the best gate in Vail!
Carol L. Goldstein
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery