Vail Daily letter: Smart kid
August 4, 2014
All of you Inspector Clouseau fans out there will remember one of my all-time favorite moments of the series of movies. Clouseau is checking into a hotel. There is a small dog by the registration desk and Clouseau asks the clerk if his dog bites.
"No, my dog does not bite," says the clerk. Clouseau reaches down to pet the dog and the little dog viciously snaps at him.
Clouseau said, "I thought you said your dog does not bite."
The clerk responds, "That is not my dog."
So, the other day, I am sitting at the sidewalk tables by the Village Market in Edwards sipping a cold drink and flipping through the Vail Daily. My white standard poodle is laying in the shade relaxing and watching the world go by.
Along comes a group of 3- or 4-year-olds being led by day camp supervisors. At the very end of the group a young boy asks me, "Is that your dog?"
I say, "Yes, that is my dog."
He then asks, "Does your dog bite?"
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Vonn returning to Vail; extends career one more season
- Armed carjacking near Red Cliff has police searching for two suspects
- Avon video game store robbed; police searching for suspect
- Lots of factors play into decline of Mexican travelers in Vail
- Mysterious Aspen ski rental contract may relate to Trumps