Vail Daily letter: Smith for fire board
April 28, 2014
I would like to promote the candidacy of Dan Smith for the Eagle River Fire Protection District. Dan has been involved in Eagle County activities for the past dozen years. He served eight years on the Eagle County Paramedic Services' district board, he has been a member of the Vail Mountain Rescue Group, serving as president for the last four years, and is board chairman of the Vail Valley Salvation Army.
Dan is totally independent and will put the concerns of the fire protection district first and foremost in his actions. There will be a number of challenges to the district in the coming years, all of which have their foundation in the budget. Dan will ensure that a budget will be structured in such a way as to maximize the highest priorities of the district. Dan will do what is best for the taxpayers, firefighters, and the district at large without being held captive to outside influences.
I've known Dan since he moved to Eagle County in the early 2000s. I know him to be highly conscientious and someone who believes in strong fiscal responsibility. These are traits that we need in our fire protection district board. I urge you to vote for Dan Smith on May 6.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Dogs of Vail: This town has gone to the dogs — from hotels to bars, dogs are welcome
- Vail Daily letter: Anti-Trump sign inappropriate for Fourth of July parade