Vail Daily letter: Smith for fire board
May 5, 2014
Dan Smith is running for the board of directors of Eagle River Fire Protection District, and I have known Dan for the past 20 plus years, and he is an outstanding person. Dan has been involved in many different areas. Here are those that I can recall of his community and professional efforts:
• Eight years' service on the Eagle County Paramedic Services' District Board. Chairman the last three years.
• Coordinated consolidation of the two ambulance districts in the county.
• Twelve years in Vail Mountain Rescue Group. President for last four years.
• Board chairman of the Vail Valley Salvation Army since 2004.
• Twenty years' experience in government relations as lobbyists.
• Totally independent, not employed by anyone and not doing business with anyone.
After talking with Dan in the past, here are goals that Dan made mention of:
Help the district face the challenges of the coming years including:
• Upgrade/replacement of physical facilities.
• Retention of high-quality employees.
• Efficient management of the district's assets.
Mikel "Pappy" Kerst
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Vail Daily letter: A compliment for the community, a critique for the paper
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound reopened between main, East Vail exits
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident
- Glenwood commuting challenge mounts for Eagle County residents