Vail Daily letter: Tax would create class system
October 29, 2013
Amendment 66 would amend the Constitution of the state of Colorado and institute a permanent additional tax. The money so raised would go to a privileged class that has separated itself from the health care and retirement systems of the general population.
I get the feeling that this system is leading to a class system similar to, maybe not as severe as, that which separates us financially from Congress in Washington, D.C.
There is an arrogance in:proposing this tax as a constitutional amendment; making it permanent without a sunset clause; and not including any kind of effectiveness review.
Enshrining Amendment 66 in our state Constitution furthers a financial class system and subjects most of us to a form of financial servitude.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Vail Valley Foundation announces free concert lineup for Vail and Eagle
- Vail Daily guest column: Dog rescued from shelter now saves humans’ lives
- ‘No evidence’ as judge drops pot charge against Eagle county surveyor
- Activewear company Liquido ticketed, faces fines for Hanging Lake conduct
- Vail Daily editorial: Proposed smartphone ban is extreme nanny-ism