Vail Daily letter: Tax would create class system
Ryan Summerlin October 29, 2013
Amendment 66 would amend the Constitution of the state of Colorado and institute a permanent additional tax. The money so raised would go to a privileged class that has separated itself from the health care and retirement systems of the general population.
I get the feeling that this system is leading to a class system similar to, maybe not as severe as, that which separates us financially from Congress in Washington, D.C.
There is an arrogance in:proposing this tax as a constitutional amendment; making it permanent without a sunset clause; and not including any kind of effectiveness review.
Enshrining Amendment 66 in our state Constitution furthers a financial class system and subjects most of us to a form of financial servitude.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- The big surprise: Bride says ‘I will’ and ‘I do’ on same day atop Vail Mountain
- Vail Valley Foundation names new board chair
- Sophisticated scammers try to swindle local businesses
- Vail Beaver Creek Restaurant Week makes offseason eats affordable with $20.16 price points
- Avon Town Council denies sales tax rebate