Vail Daily letter: Thanks for support
January 27, 2014
I'd like to send a heartfelt thank you to the men and women of the Eagle River Fire Protection District. In addition to serving our community and keeping us safe, the members of ERFPD have volunteered their time to support patients at Shaw Regional Cancer Center.
During the month of October ERFPD donned hot pink shirts to raise awareness and sold those shirts in support of Breast Cancer Awareness month and Shaw's Pretty In Pink community-wide initiative.
Then, in the month of November many ERFPD members grew their mustaches and played an integral role in putting on Shaw's prostate awareness event at Crazy Mountain Brewery. They brought their families, great energy, sold t-shirts and beers tickets and provided some of the best mustaches in the contest!
In total, the fire department helped raise over $2,500 for cancer patients in the two months and played a significant role in making both events successful. They continue to find ways to support Shaw and our patients. I am honored to work together to support the cancer patients of our community and I look forward to working together again.
Shaw Regional Cancer Center
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont
- Lodge at Cordillera can sell, federal judge rules, but legal battle continues
- Manhunt underway near Basalt for two men believed to be suspects in Thursday’s armed robbery in Carbondale
- Ritz Bachelor Gulch owner opts to fight felony charges
- Vail hotel/apartment proposal may earn final approval