Vail Daily letter: Thanks for support
June 9, 2014
The 2014 law Enforcement Torch Run happened on May 17 and wouldn’t have been a success without the help of people and sponsors from our community. I would like to thank the following people for their time and support by participating in the 2014 Eagle County Special Olympics Torch Run.
• Avon Police Department: Chief Ticer and Matthew Jamison.
• Colorado Department of Transportation: Tammy Leeper, Cary Griffin, Paul Borden, Mark Rittersdorf and Jesse Pacheco.
• Colorado State Patrol: Drew Oesterle.
• Eagle County Paramedic Services: Jim Bradford, Steve Zukerman, Scott Holmar, Kyle Dulac, Kristi Hill and David Diflumeri.
• Eagle Police Department Thomas Rich.
• Eagle River Fire Protection District: Chief Marty, Ryan Riggins, Svein Myran, Jacob Walkowicz, Will Torres, Chip Carney, Chris Perkins, Jesse Monaghan, Paul Watrous, Andy Pohlman, Richard Romsdahl, Luke Goss, Austin Turner, Andy Udoff, Tyler Markovich, James Dalpse.
• Greater Eagle Fire Protection District: Chief Wagenlander, Lee Bruchez, Jacob Best, Zac Atencio, Stuart Thompson, Nate Nelson.
• Vail Police Department: Chief Henninger, Moses Gonzales, Daric Harvey, Annette Dopplick, Jennifer Kirkland.
• Vail Fire Department: Anders Hendrickson, John Alley, Kolby Kemp.
• Our sponsors Coca-Cola and Keith Vanderwarker, Four Seasons Vail and Geena Urbina, Scott Gubrud, Luis Arce, Deborah Cavaliere, Aly Rush, Emilio Padilla, Edison Mays, Alejandro and Randi Alt.
A special thank you goes out to Eagle County’s Special Olympics athletes that joined us in the run. I hope to meet many new participants from law enforcement and the community next year! Special Olympics held their summer games this year May 31-June 1 in Grand Junction.
Deputy, Eagle County Sheriff’s Office