Vail Daily letter: Thanks for tennis courts
June 12, 2016
Kudos to the new president of the metro district board, Chuck Toms, and the rest of the metro board for voting to replace our four neglected tennis courts with four state-of-the-art post tension tennis courts. Eagle-Vail's tennis facility, long overdue for improvement, will finally be getting beautiful, new tennis courts to complement our beautiful swimming facility and outstanding golf course.
This new board is fulfilling its obligation and demonstrating its commitment to uphold its fiduciary responsibility by attending to and maintaining the recreational assets of this community. Once the tennis building and courts are repaired and replaced, youth tennis programs, adult league play and wonderful family opportunities will enhance Eagle-Vail's community.
Thank you, Chuck Toms, David Warner, Kim Bell-Williams, Jane Ross and Jennifer Davis. In addition, I also want to thank Eagle-Vail's Property Owners' Association board for showing its support to the metro board for its decision to replace the tennis courts.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Teen who fell from Hotel Colorado balcony regains consciousness but condition still ‘extremely critical,’ her mom says
- Gypsum woman hangs herself at Garfield County Jail in Glenwood Springs
- Steadman Clinic knee surgeon Dr. Robert LaPrade uses Facebook Live to demonstrate orthopedic procedures to a global audience
- Sonnenalp’s Solar Vail proposal could add 65 deed-restricted apartments at a cost of $4.2M to town of Vail
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his last lift ride