Vail Daily letter: Thanks for the help
June 6, 2013
Thank you to Walmart, City Market (Avon) and Vail Mountain School for letting us do a food drive. Also, thank you to Vail Resorts Echo Program and KZYR for the great work they did on raising awareness and funding for Food for Kids Backpack Program. Thank you to all the individuals who helped us during the school year. From September 2012 to May 2013, we fed 1,711 kids, which is equivalent to 10,266 meals (eight schools). We started this program three years ago with two schools and have fed 5,389 kids, equivalent to 32,334 meals. School is out, but we at Food Rescue Express work on improving the food that we put in the backpacks, work on getting funding and on our food drive in September so that we can continue the program and get ready when school starts. For more information on Food for Kids Backpack Program, visit us at foodrescueexpress.org or send us a email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Food Rescue Express
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- At Tommy Zima’s you’re not in Gypsum anymore
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks