Vail Daily letter: The smoking car
March 27, 2014
I recently read your article "Vail cracking down on ganja-la rides" and thought what a good thing for Vail to do. Today, I was boarding Gondola One when three young people in a car pulled the doors closed. I was in the singles line and was told that it was a "reserved" gondola car. As you probably know, smoke and the smell of marijuana wafted from that car all the way up the mountain. Now, I know that this will happen in spite of what Vail tries to do. However, when a Vail lift operator promotes this practice, that is unacceptable. The lift operator clearly knew what was going on and she allowed three individuals to take a full car in spite of the morning lines. I will not take Vail seriously on their efforts as long as I see their employees as facilitators of the process. Shame on Vail.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks