Vail Daily letter: There is no Vail Valley
May 5, 2014
In Don Rogers' column, "The wild cards that define us," his first 12 words are, "The Vail Valley is shaped by the creek and river running through it." Wouldn't that be Gore Creek and the Gore Valley? No Vail River, no Vail Valley! Is it so hard to be correct in defining where we live? And why do so many refer to Eagle County as Vail Valley? It's as if Vail is all that matters when the vast majority live in the towns that make up Eagle County!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- At Tommy Zima’s you’re not in Gypsum anymore
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks