Vail Daily letter: Upstanding citizens
August 15, 2013
I was shocked and dismayed by the attack on Avon Council members Chris Evans and Todd Goulding. I have been on the Avon Planning and Zoning Commission with both men. They were held in high respect by all P&Z commissioners serving with them, so much so that they were elected as commission chair persons. In the seven years I served with Chris, I never saw any sign of his being at cross purposes with the town's best interest.
He and I didn't always agree, but we respected each other's position and motivation to do the best for Avon. Todd followed Chris as chair of P&Z and continued to keep the P&Z focused upon what was right for Avon. Todd's dynamic leadership was effective in a much-needed redo of the Avon Land Use Code. Both projects cited by the attackers were first reviewed by the P&Z after Chris and Todd were elected to the council and no longer on the P&Z. Both projects, after making changes requested by the commission, were unanimously approved by the Avon P&Z. Chris and Todd had no participation or influence upon those decisions. Many projects reviewed by the P&Z during both chairperson's leadership have succeeded or failed based upon their own merit, and not by any undue influence. These attacks are completely unfounded.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened