Vail Daily letter: Vail doesn’t deserve tacky
December 6, 2013
This is in response to the letter from Jennifer Suttmeier of Cranbury, N.J., and Beaver Creek. She notes that they chose Beaver Creek for its European alpine village setting and its luxurious dining and shopping, and that the proposed alpine coaster would be tacky. Then she proceeds to suggest that it would be better suited in Vail. I don't object to her thinking it is tacky, but why does she believe it is better suited to Vail? Vail was here before Beaver Creek. Vail, too, has a European alpine village feeling with excellent restaurants and shopping. How arrogant to suggest that Vail deserves tacky!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- At Tommy Zima’s you’re not in Gypsum anymore
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks