Vail Daily letter: Very pleased with Vail Pass
July 25, 2013
On behalf of myself and the rest of the Vail Town Council, as well as this community, I would like to thank Dave Eller of the Colorado Department of Transportation for the superlative job your crews did this spring and early summer in preparation for the onslaught of bicycle traffic over Vail Pass. As you're aware, this is an extremely popular ride for locals and guests alike, and the earlier in the season it's open, the more satisfied everyone is. This year, I'm delighted to report, everyone is happy! We highly value our working relationship and partnership with CDOT, and are especially gratified when we see CDOT taking such early initiative to get the pass open ad ready for riders. This is a terrific contribution to the town and the many amenities it offers.
Thank you again, Dave. Please let me know if there's ever anything we can do to support your many efforts. We truly appreciate the close working relationship we've developed over the years and the fact that CDOT is so sensitive about this community's biking needs. Thank you for all you do!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery