Vail Daily letter: Walk on left side
November 20, 2013
I see lots of people walking on the right-hand side of roads without sidewalks, especially in Singletree in Edwards. Some are pushing baby strollers. It's always been my understanding that, for safety, walkers or runners should stay on the left — facing oncoming traffic. That way you can see how close a car is or whether the driver is veering toward you. Also, now that it's dark earlier, some neon or light-colored clothing is a help to drivers.
Thank you for posting this suggestion.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- Locals searching for dog that fled head-on crash on Vail Pass Saturday
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations