Vail Daily letter: Walk on left side
November 20, 2013
I see lots of people walking on the right-hand side of roads without sidewalks, especially in Singletree in Edwards. Some are pushing baby strollers. It's always been my understanding that, for safety, walkers or runners should stay on the left — facing oncoming traffic. That way you can see how close a car is or whether the driver is veering toward you. Also, now that it's dark earlier, some neon or light-colored clothing is a help to drivers.
Thank you for posting this suggestion.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Gypsum woman wins $100,000 from lottery
- Steadman Clinic, Vail Valley Medical Center unveil $68M expansion
- Ritz Bachelor Gulch owner opts to fight felony charges
- Vail police see increase in fraudulent ski passes
- Probation sentence for seven-time DUI offender highlights prosecutors’ frustration over recent law change