Vail Daily letter: Walk on left side
November 20, 2013
I see lots of people walking on the right-hand side of roads without sidewalks, especially in Singletree in Edwards. Some are pushing baby strollers. It's always been my understanding that, for safety, walkers or runners should stay on the left — facing oncoming traffic. That way you can see how close a car is or whether the driver is veering toward you. Also, now that it's dark earlier, some neon or light-colored clothing is a help to drivers.
Thank you for posting this suggestion.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Sign of the times: Rifle’s new K9 puppies will be trained to ignore marijuana
- Developers of treatment center sue Cordillera residents for ‘discriminating against addictions’
- Save an Eagle. Break a Rib: Rosie Shearwood honored for 45-year fight against Adam’s Rib
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ reality show, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Vail parking pass sales begin Oct. 30 with incentives for early purchases