Vail Daily letter: Walk on left side
November 20, 2013
I see lots of people walking on the right-hand side of roads without sidewalks, especially in Singletree in Edwards. Some are pushing baby strollers. It's always been my understanding that, for safety, walkers or runners should stay on the left — facing oncoming traffic. That way you can see how close a car is or whether the driver is veering toward you. Also, now that it's dark earlier, some neon or light-colored clothing is a help to drivers.
Thank you for posting this suggestion.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past