Vail Daily letter: Walkway to … where?
January 16, 2014
Congratulations to Avon on their upcoming pedestrian mall. Soon you'll be able to park illegally at the library and sashay all the way from the lake-with-no-water to the out-of-business Office Depot. Along the way, you'll see a vibrant timeshare community (free dinner!) and the famous "gondola to nowhere," which was supposed to have parking but somehow didn't.
With nowhere to park and not much to see, the odds are against this project's success, as a critical mass of people would be necessary for it to work. Without a real draw, there's no reason for them to hang out. Bridge Street has Vail Mountain. Pearl Street has a huge college campus. Avon has an. … insurance office?
I mean think about it — not even the Town Council members want to live in town!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Vail Valley Foundation announces free concert lineup for Vail and Eagle
- Vail Daily guest column: Dog rescued from shelter now saves humans’ lives
- ‘No evidence’ as judge drops pot charge against Eagle county surveyor
- Activewear company Liquido ticketed, faces fines for Hanging Lake conduct
- Vail Daily editorial: Proposed smartphone ban is extreme nanny-ism