Vail Daily letter: We deserve better
March 30, 2016
It was a sad day Thursday when the three Republicans on the Senate Transportation Committee voted on party lines to kill the I-70 tire bill sponsored by Diane Mitsch Bush and supported by Kerry Donovan, the Colorado State Patrol, Department of Transportation, Vail Resorts and Vail Police Department! And this after it passed the House 46-18! Reason: It takes away people's rights and is punitive?
Well, it sure as heck should take away people's right to be so stupid and irresponsible as to greatly inconvenience thousands of travelers with almost every snowstorm! Only problem with the bill was that the fine should be in the thousands of dollars, as in Europe.
Just unbelievable partisanship; we deserve better.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Avon woman wins her parking case in municipal court
- January snowfall on the minds of Vail skiers, snowboarders; Closing Day is Sunday, April 23
- Elephant tranquilizer turned up in area of Eagle County overdose deaths
- Heroin laced with elephant tranquilizer found on scene of Blue Lake deaths
- Days the music died: 8150 one of many Vail music venues that have come and gone