Vail Daily letter: We deserve better
March 30, 2016
It was a sad day Thursday when the three Republicans on the Senate Transportation Committee voted on party lines to kill the I-70 tire bill sponsored by Diane Mitsch Bush and supported by Kerry Donovan, the Colorado State Patrol, Department of Transportation, Vail Resorts and Vail Police Department! And this after it passed the House 46-18! Reason: It takes away people's rights and is punitive?
Well, it sure as heck should take away people's right to be so stupid and irresponsible as to greatly inconvenience thousands of travelers with almost every snowstorm! Only problem with the bill was that the fine should be in the thousands of dollars, as in Europe.
Just unbelievable partisanship; we deserve better.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Jury duty both frustrates and fulfills would-be jurors in Eagle County
- At Tommy Zima’s you’re not in Gypsum anymore
- Shifting silt soil moved to build Eagle school foundation on bedrock