Vail Daily letter: Why severance?
August 15, 2014
I read both the announcement and the editorial on Keith Montag leaving his post leaving his post in Eagle County after 24 years of solid service. Clearly, Mr Montag has performed admirably over his tenure and I agree with the editorial that he will be missed. He managed this county through some very difficult times and he deserves his time in the sun. But I was confused because in the original announcement it stated that he would receive six months severance pay, which the article indicated was the usual practice. I spent an entire career with big companies and severance pay was used for compensating workers for involuntary job loss to provide a bridge and safety net while seeking their next job. It appeared Mr. Montag resigned voluntarily. Why would he be eligible for severance pay? I hope you can shed some light on this.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Dogs of Vail: This town has gone to the dogs — from hotels to bars, dogs are welcome
- Vail Daily letter: Anti-Trump sign inappropriate for Fourth of July parade