Vail Daily letter: Would like to meet
January 8, 2014
This 41-year resident of Eagle County recently had his first experience with the Eagle County Probation Department. Their abuse of power and ignoring their own policies was a real eye-opener for me.
And our Judge Sullivan's apathy about learning how the probation department was operating was disappointing. I applied for a hearing (at my expense) to help inform the judge about our probation department's actions in my case. Judge Sullivan denied my request for a hearing. My lawyer told me it was "unusual" to be denied a hearing.
I am inviting our county's probation department to schedule a meeting with me to discuss how they have handled my case. I would bring one or two members of the press with me to that meeting.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Letter: Elimination of Vail Health pediatric doctors will impact children of valley
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his last lift ride
- Second rash of West Vail thieves hit at least seven unlocked vehicles
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife warns hunter to leave their drones at home
- Vail Town Council approves deal to deed-restrict 65 new apartments in town