Vail Daily letter: ‘Yes’ on 2A
October 29, 2013
I think it is important for Avon voters to understand the question on the Nov. 5 ballot is about improving and expanding our Recreation Center and building a new playground. I understand that these improvements are not being funded with new taxes but an extension of debt that property owners are already paying. It seems to make sense to continue the tax for the proposed improvements.
I see the Recreation Center as an important investment for everyone. We know that facilities that attract locals, tourists and users from the region are good for our community and for the vibrancy of the town.
Thank you for taking the time to learn about the proposal and voting "yes" on Ballot Issue 2A on the mail-in ballot by not later than Nov. 5.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Vail Valley Foundation announces free concert lineup for Vail and Eagle
- Vail Daily guest column: Dog rescued from shelter now saves humans’ lives
- Activewear company Liquido ticketed, faces fines for Hanging Lake conduct
- ‘No evidence’ as judge drops pot charge against Eagle county surveyor
- Vail Daily editorial: Proposed smartphone ban is extreme nanny-ism