Vail Daily letter: ‘Yes’ on A and B
April 28, 2014
I make my living on the rivers and streams in Eagle County and elsewhere. They’re a precious resource and deserve protecting, and, if possible, enhancing.
It seems like we’re in danger of loving and using our rivers to death, and we need to help them now.
I’m voting “yes” on the water district’s two ballot issues. They are the start of a cleanup effort that will really help our river become healthy and productive. Reducing the nutrients entering streams is the key to their health.
Of course, it will cost a bit more, but so will not doing anything and letting the rivers decline further.
Vote “yes” on ballot issues A and B. Cleaner water isn’t just about fish. We need it, too.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Obama taps local school chief for administration post
- Eagle County surveyor arrested for alleged illegal marijuana grow
- Four Argentinian J-1 workers scrambling for housing after falling victim to a Craig’s List rental scam
- Surveyor says he’ll be cleared in pot grow case
- Report of gun in Edwards leads to felony charges