Vail Daily letter: ‘Yes’ on Amendment 66
October 19, 2013
Vote "yes" on Nov. 5 for Amendment 66.
Ballots have now been mailed to registered voters. By Oct. 21, you should have received your ballot.
Those of you who the spend time in the classroom weekly to help out teachers, sit on numerous committees to help our schools and participate in countless fundraisers, will mark the box yes because you are experiencing what is happening in our schools firsthand.
Our education system has been broken for decades along with many other systems in this country. No political party has tempted to fix the problem. We can't sit and watch our children suffer because education is not on top of the priority list of the powers to be.
Nov. 5, Election Day, is your chance to change what is happening in your state, Colorado.
Please educate yourself about Amendment 66. Take the time to understand how this amendment has a framework in place for the accountability and transparency for the minimal increase of tax that is being asked from already educated voters. Go to the websites http://www.coloradocommits.com and "Understanding SB 213" at http://www.cde.state.co.us/sites/default/files/Understanding%20SB%2013-213%20-%20FINAL.pdf and get more information, or call me and let's have coffee.
Advocate for my children's education,
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- Locals searching for dog that fled head-on crash on Vail Pass Saturday
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations