Vail Daily letter: ‘Yes’ on Issue 2A
October 19, 2013
Dear Avon voter,
I am writing to encourage you to vote yes on Ballot Issue 2a to expand the Avon Recreation Center. Imagine expanded weight and cardio areas, a yoga space and field house that can be used for basketball, indoor sports, and converted for community gathering space. The money will also replace the old waterslide, construct a climbing wall and build a new playground in Nottingham Park.
I understand the monies will come from extending an existing property tax, which means this is not a new tax, just a continuation of about $6.00/month on residential assessed values of $300,000.
What a deal!
Most of all I support these timely improvements because the Recreation Center and Nottingham Park are our most important public facilities in Avon. Having good work out and play centers are important to families, offers kids good opportunities and are attractions to our visitors. It is time for an expansion and refurbishment. It is definitely time for Avon.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Jury duty both frustrates and fulfills would-be jurors in Eagle County
- At Tommy Zima’s you’re not in Gypsum anymore
- Shifting silt soil moved to build Eagle school foundation on bedrock
- Riders turn out for Colorado-Eagle River Ride