Vail Daily letter: ‘Yes’ on Issue 4A
October 30, 2013
Homeowners of Gypsum:
I am encouraging you to support Ballot Issue 4A. I have visited your city many times and have even needed the services of the Gypsum fire and rescue department due to an accident. I am also one that does not feel that taxpayers should give government every levy they ask for.
I believe that you should support your fire department as they are you first line of defense in the event of a fire or other emergencies. You say, "I will never have need of them" — you are probably right. Have you considered what will happen to property values if Gypsum is known as a community that has inadequate fire and emergency protection? Insurance companies base premiums on risk, and if they determine Gypsum has an inadequate fire service, your rates will probably be increased to cover the assumed risk.
In the long run, you will pay for the Ballot Issue 4A in one way or another.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Skier dies at Loveland Ski Area Friday
- Envisioning a future Gypsum: Community’s new master plan contemplates ‘nontraditional’ downtown
- Eagle’s Pickups Pizza expands menu, hours
- A sacred place: A tribute to Sandy Treat and the 10th Mountain Division
- Tennis sensation Venus Williams orbits into Vail’s Homestead Court Club