Vail Daily letter: ‘Yes’ on Issue 4A
October 30, 2013
Homeowners of Gypsum:
I am encouraging you to support Ballot Issue 4A. I have visited your city many times and have even needed the services of the Gypsum fire and rescue department due to an accident. I am also one that does not feel that taxpayers should give government every levy they ask for.
I believe that you should support your fire department as they are you first line of defense in the event of a fire or other emergencies. You say, "I will never have need of them" — you are probably right. Have you considered what will happen to property values if Gypsum is known as a community that has inadequate fire and emergency protection? Insurance companies base premiums on risk, and if they determine Gypsum has an inadequate fire service, your rates will probably be increased to cover the assumed risk.
In the long run, you will pay for the Ballot Issue 4A in one way or another.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Activewear company Liquido ticketed, faces fines for Hanging Lake conduct
- Vail Valley Foundation announces free concert lineup for Vail and Eagle
- Town of Eagle parts ways with former manager John Schneiger after one year
- Paraglider crashes into river near Eagle; rescued by passing rafters
- ‘Poop patrol’ aims to fix park waste issue