Vail Daily letter: Yes on Question 1
March 24, 2014
On the April 1 town of Eagle ballot is Question 1, which asks voters if they support use of town of Eagle open space funds toward much needed open space and recreation improvements. This is not a new tax or a tax increase, but if approved, allows for the existing $1.2 million in the town of Eagle open space fund to be responsibly reinvested into the community for much needed improvements, including:
• Multi-use trail construction and maintenance.
• River access and riparian area protection.
• Trail access and signage.
• Trail head improvements, including restrooms and maps.
• Safe routes to school.
• Hunting area protection and access.
• Protection and enhancement of wildlife corridors and habitat.
If you live in Eagle, please vote Yes on Question 1 for trails, wildlife, healthy communities, and kids!
President, Hardscrabble Trails Coalition
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Armed carjacking near Red Cliff has police searching for two suspects
- Avon video game store robbed; police searching for suspect
- Vonn returning to Vail; extends career one more season
- Lots of factors play into decline of Mexican travelers in Vail
- Training for Trump: Air Force at Eagle County airport for high altitude flight training