Vail Daily letter: Yes on Question 1
March 24, 2014
On the April 1 town of Eagle ballot is Question 1, which asks voters if they support use of town of Eagle open space funds toward much needed open space and recreation improvements. This is not a new tax or a tax increase, but if approved, allows for the existing $1.2 million in the town of Eagle open space fund to be responsibly reinvested into the community for much needed improvements, including:
• Multi-use trail construction and maintenance.
• River access and riparian area protection.
• Trail access and signage.
• Trail head improvements, including restrooms and maps.
• Safe routes to school.
• Hunting area protection and access.
• Protection and enhancement of wildlife corridors and habitat.
If you live in Eagle, please vote Yes on Question 1 for trails, wildlife, healthy communities, and kids!
President, Hardscrabble Trails Coalition
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Eagle County surveyor arrested for alleged illegal marijuana grow
- Obama taps local school chief for administration post
- Four Argentinian J-1 workers scrambling for housing after falling victim to a Craig’s List rental scam
- Surveyor says he’ll be cleared in pot grow case
- Report of gun in Edwards leads to felony charges