DENVER/MOUNTAIN CORRIDOR- The Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) will close I-70 in both directions at Twin Tunnels for rock stabilization at 1 p.m. This work will require a 30-minute closure and motorists traveling in the area should expect delays. Westbound Twin Tunnels crews found the potentially hazardous rock while performing preliminary survey work near the westbound portal earlier today. Crews will work to stabilize the area as quickly as possible in order to reopen the road. This work is necessary to ensure the safety of the traveling public along this well-traveled corridor.
Travel alert: I-70 at Twin Tunnels to close at 1 p.m.
Trending in: Letters to the Editor
- Vail Daily letter: Why permits?
- Vail Daily letter: Incompetent leadership
- Vail Daily letter: Take the challenge
- Vail Daily column: Lessons for our children and grandchildren
- Vail Daily letter: Why severance?
- Local woman killed in alleged drunk driving crash
- Driver in fatal Edwards crash charged with vehicular homicide
- Starbucks opening Friday at Westin Riverfront in Avon
- 12-year-old aims to raise $1,000 for Shaw Cancer Center with drink stand
- Trucker seriously injured in collision with I-70 bridge near Dotsero