WOLCOTT — Colorado Department of Transportation crews worked to clear a mudslide on Interstate 70 near Wolcott on Tuesday. The slide occurred just after 7 p.m. on Tuesday, closing both westbound lanes on I-70. The eastbound lanes remained open. Traffic was rerouted to U.S. Highway 6 between Wolcott and Eagle. About 300 vehicles got stuck in the slide, and CDOT crews removed the last vehicle at about 9 p.m., according to Tracy Trulove, communication manager for CDOT. The road was still closed at 9 p.m. Tuesday evening, and Trulove said the crews expect to reopen the road at about midnight.
- Westin Riverfront Run With a View 5K free walk/run scheduled for June 1
- It Takes a Valley childbirth series: Preparing for a baby, then and now
- Summer in Colorado: Cultural, culinary and adventure opportunities collide
- Markets in Vail Valley becoming more festive
- High school racers gear up for GoPro's first-ever enduro