Vail Daily letter: Quit with the ‘boob tube’ politics
July 25, 2017
I just finished reading Clair Noble's sanctimonious commentary submission ("Trump is not a fictional anti-hero," Friday, July 21). Really? What a joke comparing and contrasting the President of the United States to Hollywood's Walter White and company.
This is what she doesn't understand: respect. Too many American citizens spend too much time on their butts watching the "boob tube," as my parents called it back in the day. The president was elected because people were sick of corrupt politicians in both parties and felt that only a radical change from the status quo would do this debt-ridden, slow-growth, more-free-stuff country any good.
Maybe you should encourage your followers to take up reading instead of TV, starting with the Constitution.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Letter: Mental health, substance-abuse treatment shouldn’t fall to police officers
- James Millar: Where is this ‘social injustice’ supposedly behind the NFL national anthem protests?
- Kaiser VPs: It’s time to support mental health in Eagle County; vote yes on 1A (column)
- Vail Daily letter: White genocide nearly imminent in South Africa
- Letter: Vote for Jarnot to continue the school board’s positive direction
- Teen who fell from Hotel Colorado balcony regains consciousness but condition still ‘extremely critical,’ her mom says
- Gypsum woman hangs herself at Garfield County Jail in Glenwood Springs
- Steadman Clinic knee surgeon Dr. Robert LaPrade uses Facebook Live to demonstrate orthopedic procedures to a global audience
- Sonnenalp’s Solar Vail proposal could add 65 deed-restricted apartments at a cost of $4.2M to town of Vail
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his last lift ride