Vail Daily letter: That’s bullying
November 4, 2016
I don't know the guy who cut the two indoor political signs from Adam, so let's leave him out of this. But I hope he at least sees this letter.
I've never heard of a solution like this. Democrat, Republican, United States Pirate Party, whatever … asking for paid replacement and a public letter of apology is OK.
But magnanimously offering a so-called "compromise" to a young college student of Hispanic descent which would violate his moral preferences as an American voter is bullying wrapped in a pretty package, plain and simple. And being myself the daughter of an immigrant who fought Nazis and Communists, I see it as un-American. It smacks of privilege. I've contacted the ACLU and am waiting to see what they think.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Letter: Elimination of Vail Health pediatric doctors will impact children of valley
- Vail Health chief medical officer: Clarifying pediatric care changes at hospital (column)
- Letter: Vail has a new score of six in Ski magazine resort rankings; we can do better
- Letter: Disagree with Millar’s statements about NFL players taking a knee
- Letter: Consider Peg Portscheller for Colorado Mountain College trustee
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ reality show, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Eagle County approves Edwards area, 120-unit 6 West Apartments plan
- Weeding through marijuana: Experts, advocates talk cannabidiol (CBD)
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his last lift ride
- Cordillera ‘discriminating against addictions,’ federal ADA lawsuit claims