Aria, Howard Head join forces for yoga and anatomy workshop series
February 19, 2017
VAIL — The Aria Athletic Club & Spa will host Aria yoga teacher Margeaux Candlin and Howard Head Sports Medicine physical therapist Melissa Strzelinski for a two-part yoga and anatomy series. Each two-hour workshop will include a 30-minute anatomy talk with Strzelinski and a 90-minute vinyasa flow yoga class with Candlin.
• Hip Love: Friday, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. — Our hips do a big job: They bear weight, stabilize the upper body, support the lower limbs and absorb shock. In this two-hour workshop, learn how to activate and soften the muscles in your hips. The class will leave you feeling agile and strong.
• Shoulder Love: March 10, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. — The shoulder is the most mobile joint in the body, making it vulnerable to injury. It is imperative to move with smart awareness in a vinyasa practice to maintain and increase strength in the shoulders. This class will allow you to move through poses with the confidence to know you are treating your body with love.
Some yoga experience is preferred, but both classes are open to all levels. Cost for members is $20 for one class or $30 for both classes; cost for drop-ins is $25 for one class or $40 for both classes.
About the instructors
Candlin has been teaching yoga since 2010 and has more than 350 hours of training. She teaches a vinyasa-based class that creates strength and flexibility. Candlin has studied yoga with Teri Leigh Schmidt, Core Power Yoga in Boulder and is currently pursuing a Smart Flow certification with Annie Carpenter. She is passionate about creating health in the mind and body through yoga, meditation and nutrition. Candlin is a registered nurse and works at the Vail Valley Surgery Center.
Recommended Stories For You
Strzelinski is a physical therapist at Howard Head Sports Medicine in Vail. She earned Bachelor of Science degrees in journalism and dance, as well as a graduate degree in physical therapy from the University of Wisconsin. Strzelinski's clinical expertise in dance medicine afforded her the role of staff physical therapist to the Joffrey Ballet, Joffrey Academy of Dance and River North Dance Chicago.
She is pursuing her Ph.D. in orthopedic and sport science through Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions in Utah.
To learn more about the Aria Athletic Club & Spa and its classes, visit http://www.ariaclubspa.com or call 970-476-7400.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail
- Vail Ski Swap will return for 49th year on Oct. 26
- 7 great hikes in and around the Vail Valley
- Iconic rock band Kansas to play anniversary concert the Vilar Performing Arts Center in Beaver Creek
- Disney brings epic ‘Star Wars’ experiences to fans
- Two people, a dog injured after vehicle crashes through garage in Edwards
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy, Eagle Valley High School go 1-2 at state mountain biking championships
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video