Beaver Creek Oktoberfest to feature bands, brats and beer over Labor Day weekend
August 28, 2018
Beaver Creek's website describes the Village as "Bavarian-inspired," so it makes sense that its Oktoberfest would draw from its "sister city," Lech-Zuers, Austria.
Traditionally Oktoberfests are all about the beer, and while it's a big deal at Beaver Creek, it has other focuses as well.
The weekend's schedule includes live music from Trachtenkapelle, The Helmut Fricker Band, The Killer Queens and ZoSo, offering a diverse musical experience.
Bratwursts will be among the attractions as well, as both days will feature a bratwurst-eating contest.
Throughout the day, a kids zone will also be in operation to entertain the young ones.
In addition to drinking beer, attendees will have the opportunity to hold one with their outstretched arm in a stein hoisting competition.
Recommended Stories For You
Furthermore, a best-dressed competition will also take place on both Saturday and Sunday.
Beginning Sunday at 9 a.m., the Oktoberfest Shuffle, an annual 5K, 10K and 1K family run benefiting the Vail Valley Charitable Fund. Registration for the race will begin at 7:30 a.m.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Vail Valley entrepreneur launches bikes into a new niche in the e-bike world
- Hardscrabble Ranch plan, and name change options, will be unveiled Wednesday night, Sept. 19
- Eagle County knows finding affordable housing solutions never gets easier
- Vail Valley boy suffers only minor injuries after colliding with food truck
- Tuesday, Sept. 18’s preps wraps: Vail Mountain, Battle Mountain and Eagle Valley volleyball as well as Devils soccer all win