Best of Vail: Best Art Gallery
November 13, 2017
1. Horton Fine Art
2. Alpine Arts Center
3. Cotter Gallery
When guests walk into Horton Fine Art, they smile, and that makes gallery owner Peggy Horton happy. It's hard not to be delighted by the artwork on display, Horton said. That's because so much of it has a whimsical side, especially that created by her family members, which much of it is.
Horton opened the gallery with her late husband, bronze sculptor Walt Horton, 10 years ago. Editions of Walt's work are still available and on display in the gallery, alongside their son Jesse's work. Jesse is a sculptor of note in his own right, carrying on his father's legacy with pieces that make people grin — even laugh out loud — just as his father's work has done.
Horton Fine Art is a family gallery, but guests will find work created by artists from around the globe, in addition to that created by the Hortons themselves. Regardless of where a piece came from, each one is there to create a connection. People come to Beaver Creek to experience the mountains, Peggy Horton said, and the art in the gallery helps guests connect deeper to the experiences they have outside of the gallery.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Best of Vail
- Silver Creek Fire near Kremmling grows to 3,198 acres; air quality advisory in effect for Eagle County
- Gypsum Town Council approves 591-unit Siena Lake proposal
- Vail businesses say they’re ready for Colorado Classic parking changes, crowds
- Cycling greats set to hit town of Vail’s streets
- Vail Valley’s most extravagant outdoor water users facing fines, disconnection