Best of Vail: Best Beer Selection (Liquor Store)
November 13, 2017
1. Boone's Wine and Spirits
2. West Vail Liquor Mart
3. Beaver Liquors
The oldest adage in the real estate business is "location, location, location." Putting the valley's biggest liquor store a stone's throw away from the lower valley's biggest supermarket has worked well for Boone's Wine and Spirits.
But location wouldn't count for much if the store didn't provide what customers want. And just about any buyer of adult beverages — especially craft beer — will find something to like at Boone's
Buyer Donyelle Dewey said Boone's now has more than 400 beers and 1,400 wines in stock. And, if the buyers can get it, Boone's will bring in a customer's special request.
This selection also comes at prices that won't give your wallet a hangover.
"Being bigger, we can buy more and pass on the lower prices," Dewey said. Being bigger also allows Boone's to have some fun.
"We're always tasting things (in the store)," Dewey said. "It's a great, noncommittal way to try something different."
Besides adult beverages, Boones also has a growing inventory of gadgets, gizmos and other stuff you didn't know you needed until you've seen it.
"It's worth the drive for some of the upvalley crowd," Dewey said. "With the holidays coming up, you need to get here."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Best of Vail
- Vail Valley’s most extravagant outdoor water users facing fines, disconnection
- Silver Creek Fire near Kremmling grows to 3,198 acres; air quality advisory in effect for Eagle County
- Woman from out of state dies after fall on Mount Royal in Frisco
- Lives in progress, a thing to behold: Carol Conger helped thousands of Vail Valley people start life right
- Rash of high-end bike thefts in Summit County might be connected to similar crimes in Vail, Avon