Best of Vail: Best Bike Shop
November 13, 2017
1. Venture Sports
2. Mountain Pedaler
3. The Kind Bikes & Skis
Fall is usually a slow time at bike shops — the ones that are open, anyway. Not Venture Sports. The Venture Sports locations in Avon, Vail Village, Lionshead, the new Hotel Talisa and at Bachelor Gulch gear up for ski season in the fall, but there are always bikes available for rent for perfect, sunny autumn days.
Venture Sports owner Mike Brumbaugh said on one recent perfect fall day, the crew was working to get ready for ski season and still found time to rent out 15 bikes. The full-time employees at Venture Sports — which is most of them — have to be ready for a little bit of everything. The stores are open every day of the year.
"Our mission statement is simple: Serve people and the money will figure itself out," Brumbaugh said.
That's why the staff stays working throughout the year.
"It's important for people to be able to have a job, to buy a house, to raise a family," Burmbaugh said. "Your mortgage doesn't stop just because it's 'off season.'
"We're making dreams come true one (ride) at a time," he said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Best of Vail
- Brothers arrested in Garfield, Eagle drug trafficking ring
- Vail Valley’s 2018 graduating seniors: a salute
- Vail Valley businesses hurting while feds delay issuing seasonal work visas
- Runoff has already peaked from Vail Valley-area rivers; there’s concern for summer
- In fight with rare cancer CIC-DUX4, Campbell Sullivan just wants to ski