Best of Vail: Best Coffee
November 13, 2017
1. Yeti's Grind
2. Loaded Joe's
3. The Bookworm of Edwards
When Tara Picklo and her late husband, Nate, started Yeti's Grind in Eagle more than a decade ago, they didn't know much about coffee. What the couple did recognize was the need for a community gathering spot. Over the years, Yeti's has become that spot and more. These days, when meeting someone for a casual conversation in Eagle or Vail, you're likely to hear, "Let's meet at Yeti's."
Early success at the shop on Broadway in Eagle, combined with an opportunity at the then-new Solaris building in Vail, led the Picklos to open an upvalley location, driven by a simple principle: "We have consistent persistence for wanting to serve," Tara said.
That, and the fact that locals recognize, and patronize, a locally owned shop, means you're always likely to see someone you know at either location. Nate Picklo passed in 2016 after a long illness. But now, with a new business partner, it's time for Tara to think again about what Yeti's needs in the future.
"We're remodeling the Eagle store and bringing in new food," Tara said. "We have some exciting plans for Vail, too. We want to give the community more of what it's looking for."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Best of Vail
- Whistle Pig Vail: Everything you need to know about the new summer concert series coming to Vail
- Soft cuffs and Gorilla tape were ‘consensual’ for San Diego man accused of attempted murder
- Chris Del Bosco crashes hard in Olympic ski cross event
- Eagle County’s ECO Transit bus system could see significant changes by next winter
- Spring Back to Vail returns starting March 31; SOJA musical headliner