Best of Vail: Best Dessert
November 13, 2017
1. The Rose
2. Sweet Basil
The Rose's dessert case is a colorful display of creatively delicious confections: It's the first thing diners see when they enter and provides a little voice gently reminding to save room for dessert.
Macaroons are delightful, but Pastry Chef Oliver Campe brings them to an entirely different level with flavors such as pistachio, lemon, carrot cake, goat cheese with honey, even Jagermeister. Oh, but the lemon is sweet and tart and a dream come true. The Rose always has at least 12 brightly colored confections for the taking — well, while supplies last.
Beyond the colorful cookies, the dark and luscious flourless chocolate cake or the ridiculously decadent pistachio berry cake, mixed berry cheesecake, almond-chocolate Florentine, chocolate chip cookies … the dessert list remains a constant and is worth a special trip. More than one sweet-tooth fan stopped in, grabbed a treat and left the bag behind as they walked out noshing a mid-afternoon sweet.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Best of Vail
- Brothers arrested in Garfield, Eagle drug trafficking ring
- Vail Valley’s 2018 graduating seniors: a salute
- Minturn’s 5,000-gallon-a-day water loss in the Union Pacific mobile home park (letter)
- Runoff has already peaked from Vail Valley-area rivers; there’s concern for summer
- Eagle County pledges $500,000 to jump start mental health services; Mental Health Advisory Committee named