Best of Vail: Best Dessert
November 13, 2017
1. The Rose
2. Sweet Basil
The Rose's dessert case is a colorful display of creatively delicious confections: It's the first thing diners see when they enter and provides a little voice gently reminding to save room for dessert.
Macaroons are delightful, but Pastry Chef Oliver Campe brings them to an entirely different level with flavors such as pistachio, lemon, carrot cake, goat cheese with honey, even Jagermeister. Oh, but the lemon is sweet and tart and a dream come true. The Rose always has at least 12 brightly colored confections for the taking — well, while supplies last.
Beyond the colorful cookies, the dark and luscious flourless chocolate cake or the ridiculously decadent pistachio berry cake, mixed berry cheesecake, almond-chocolate Florentine, chocolate chip cookies … the dessert list remains a constant and is worth a special trip. More than one sweet-tooth fan stopped in, grabbed a treat and left the bag behind as they walked out noshing a mid-afternoon sweet.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Best of Vail
- Silver Creek Fire near Kremmling grows to 3,198 acres; air quality advisory in effect for Eagle County
- Vail Valley’s most extravagant outdoor water users facing fines, disconnection
- Lives in progress, a thing to behold: Carol Conger helped thousands of Vail Valley people start life right
- Gypsum Town Council approves 591-unit Siena Lake proposal
- Ask a Realtor: When should I get an appraisal on my property? (column)