Best of Vail: Best Fine Dining in Vail
November 13, 2017
1. Sweet Basil
2. Mountain Standard
It's easy to agree that Sweet Basil is a standout. This creative and modern American restaurant is located in the heart of Vail Village and serves lunch and dinner daily, featuring a menu of imaginative cuisine that highlights seasonal ingredients.
"Sweet Basil deserves this title as an iconic Vail restaurant," says dining room manager Sam Ferraro. "For 40 years, we have prefaced our operations on getting better every single day. We strive to stay at the forefront of the ever-evolving restaurant industry, while staying true to our core beliefs and keeping the nostalgic connection for our many guests, generations over."
Executive chef Paul Anders never fails to please the palate, with renditions of appetizers and entrees that delight a table from start to finish. Sweet Basil dishes showcase unique compilations such as pork terrine, charred octopus, Colorado lamb shank, Duroc pork tenderloin and Hawaiian Albacore tuna.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Best of Vail
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ is leaving Park County, but residents continue to fight for more mining oversight
- San Diego man allegedly zip-tied his girlfriend, tried to strangle her in Vail lodge, faces attempted murder
- Edwards murder suspects want separate trials, prosecutors want them tried together
- Alice McKennis earns spot in Wednesday’s Olympic downhill
- Mikaela Shiffrin opts out of downhill at Pyeongchang Olympics