Best of Vail: Best Happy Hour in Avon
November 13, 2017
2. Maya Modern Mexican & Tequileria
3. Vail Brewing Co.
Happy hours are always bustling at vin48, with diners enjoying drink and small plates at the restaurant's high-top tables or curvaceous wine bar nightly from 5 to 6:30 p.m.
The restaurant has found a happy hour sweet spot between value and quality by offering a selection of $8 dishes that are unique, gourmet and seasonal. The dishes are a great way to sample the eclectic cuisine of chef Charles Hayes, and they're generously portioned enough to order a few to share with the table or serve as a light meal. The $5 wines available at happy hour are specifically chosen to impress for the price point, a perk the knowledgeable bar staff prides itself on. You can also choose from $3 premium draughts and $5 well drinks.
In the summer, happy hour revelers can bask on the sunny patio that showcases views of Beaver Creek. In the winter, diners can enjoy the same snow-covered view from the modern bar area.
"It's a lively scene year-round, and the bar usually fills up by 5:20 p.m., so we recommend you arrive early to grab a seat," said owner and wine director Greg Enyon.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Best of Vail
- Whistle Pig Vail: Everything you need to know about the new summer concert series coming to Vail
- With gold and silver, Mikaela Shiffrin savors the ‘incredibly sweet’ moment
- Alterra reveals Ikon Pass pricing; Aspen-Snowmass role includes 7 days combined
- History of Avon, Part 1: Town of Avon celebrating 40th birthday on Saturday, Feb. 24
- It’s a family matter: Gisin wins gold in combi; Shiffrin second