Best of Vail: Best Happy Hour in Avon
November 13, 2017
2. Maya Modern Mexican & Tequileria
3. Vail Brewing Co.
Happy hours are always bustling at vin48, with diners enjoying drink and small plates at the restaurant's high-top tables or curvaceous wine bar nightly from 5 to 6:30 p.m.
The restaurant has found a happy hour sweet spot between value and quality by offering a selection of $8 dishes that are unique, gourmet and seasonal. The dishes are a great way to sample the eclectic cuisine of chef Charles Hayes, and they're generously portioned enough to order a few to share with the table or serve as a light meal. The $5 wines available at happy hour are specifically chosen to impress for the price point, a perk the knowledgeable bar staff prides itself on. You can also choose from $3 premium draughts and $5 well drinks.
In the summer, happy hour revelers can bask on the sunny patio that showcases views of Beaver Creek. In the winter, diners can enjoy the same snow-covered view from the modern bar area.
"It's a lively scene year-round, and the bar usually fills up by 5:20 p.m., so we recommend you arrive early to grab a seat," said owner and wine director Greg Enyon.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Best of Vail
- Brothers arrested in Garfield, Eagle drug trafficking ring
- Runoff has already peaked from Vail Valley-area rivers; there’s concern for summer
- In fight with rare cancer CIC-DUX4, Campbell Sullivan just wants to ski
- Vail Valley’s 2018 graduating seniors: a salute
- Minturn’s 5,000-gallon-a-day water loss in the Union Pacific mobile home park (letter)