Best of Vail: Best Ice Cream
November 13, 2017
1. Kiwi International Delights & Coffee Co.
2. Grand Avenue Chill
3. Joe's Famous Deli & Homemade Ice cream
Bright, welcoming and filled with delicious smells, Kiwi International Delights in Avon is a perennial crowd favorite for teas, coffees and sweet snacks with a global flair. However, they are best known for their impressive selection of homemade ice cream.
"Our ice cream is different than what you'd find anywhere else, and not just within the valley. We make everything here, and we have our customer's health in mind when we're in the kitchen," said owner Martha Trillo.
Kiwi's creamy creations are made from mostly organic fruit, void of artificial flavors and coloring, and contain no processed sugar. Customers can pick from gelato, sorbet or classic ice creams, with options for those that are dairy-free, sugar-free and vegan, as well.
The toughest part about ordering at Kiwi is choosing from the menagerie of unique flavors. At any given time, Kiwi keeps 60 flavors in its gleaming showcases. In all, its kitchens produce more than 300 flavors, with new ones added almost daily. Some crowd favorites include originals such as rose petals with coconut milk, jalapeno with dark chocolate and roasted figs.
"We care about our customers, and we're all about high quality. We're passionate about what we do, and it shows," Trillo said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Best of Vail
- Vail Valley entrepreneur launches bikes into a new niche in the e-bike world
- Accused murderer Jacob White scheduled to plead and be sentenced Friday, Sept. 21, in Catherine Kelley case
- Eagle County Open Space celebrates new motocross park in Gypsum
- Hardscrabble Ranch plan, and name change options, will be unveiled Wednesday night, Sept. 19
- Vail Valley boy suffers only minor injuries after colliding with food truck