Best of Vail: Best Mexican Restaurant
November 13, 2017
1. Rocky Mountain Taco
2. Taqueria No Se Hagan Bolas
3. Fiestas Cafe & Cantina
When Rocky Mountain Taco co-owner Dan Purtell found out his food was a finalist in the Best of Vail Mexican Food category, he was actually in Mexico.
"I try to get down there once per year to make sure we are on par with what's hot," he said.
Locals south of the border have lots of opinions on which ingredients are the best, but they all agree on the main ingredient necessary to make quality Mexican food: Time.
"We never cut a corner, no matter how long it takes," Purtell said. "Every little thing we do is from scratch."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Best of Vail
- Vail Valley’s most extravagant outdoor water users facing fines, disconnection
- Silver Creek Fire near Kremmling grows to 3,198 acres; air quality advisory in effect for Eagle County
- Woman from out of state dies after fall on Mount Royal in Frisco
- Lives in progress, a thing to behold: Carol Conger helped thousands of Vail Valley people start life right
- Rash of high-end bike thefts in Summit County might be connected to similar crimes in Vail, Avon