Best of Vail: Best Mexican Restaurant
November 13, 2017
1. Rocky Mountain Taco
2. Taqueria No Se Hagan Bolas
3. Fiestas Cafe & Cantina
When Rocky Mountain Taco co-owner Dan Purtell found out his food was a finalist in the Best of Vail Mexican Food category, he was actually in Mexico.
"I try to get down there once per year to make sure we are on par with what's hot," he said.
Locals south of the border have lots of opinions on which ingredients are the best, but they all agree on the main ingredient necessary to make quality Mexican food: Time.
"We never cut a corner, no matter how long it takes," Purtell said. "Every little thing we do is from scratch."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Best of Vail
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ is leaving Park County, but residents continue to fight for more mining oversight
- San Diego man allegedly zip-tied his girlfriend, tried to strangle her in Vail lodge, faces attempted murder
- Edwards murder suspects want separate trials, prosecutors want them tried together
- Alice McKennis earns spot in Wednesday’s Olympic downhill
- Mikaela Shiffrin opts out of downhill at Pyeongchang Olympics