Best of Vail: Best Music Venue
November 13, 2017
1. Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater
2. Vilar Performing Arts Center
3. Shakedown Bar
Of course the Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater won its Best of Vail category. Just look at the place.
"It's so aesthetically beautiful — there's a lot of pride that goes into everything we do," said Jen Mason, of the Vail Valley Foundation, which owns and operates the facility.
The amphitheater stays busy during the warmer months, hosting everything from high school graduations to memorial services for well-loved locals, to the Hot Summer Nights series of Tuesday night concerts. The Bravo! Vail Music Festival fills the amphitheater with classical music, and the annual dance festival turns the stage over to the art of music and motion.
As busy as the amphitheater is, there's always room for more. A lobby area added in 2015 is already a big hit, and Mason said more improvements could be on the way.
There's talk of adding video screens for lawn patrons, and Mason said the foundation is looking at adding paid-attendance shows from big-time touring artists. Whatever comes the amphitheater's way, there will always be those views. Oh, those views …
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Best of Vail
- Brothers arrested in Garfield, Eagle drug trafficking ring
- Vail Valley businesses hurting while feds delay issuing seasonal work visas
- Runoff has already peaked from Vail Valley-area rivers; there’s concern for summer
- Vail Valley’s 2018 graduating seniors: a salute
- In fight with rare cancer CIC-DUX4, Campbell Sullivan just wants to ski