Best of Vail: Best Outdoor Sports Gear
November 13, 2017
1. Ptarmigan Sports
2. Alpine Quest Sports
3. Transition Sports
We happen to live in an area where the outdoors rules: hiking, biking, running, mountaineering, skiing, snowboarding, camping — the list of things to do in the great outdoors is indeed long. And, of course, no one is interested in the easy way. The more gnarly, radical and challenging, the better. Good thing there's a local store to outfit the rad outdoor enthusiast: Ptarmigan Sports.
The shop, located in the Riverwalk at Edwards, is an adventurer's paradise. The store carries essentials — then again, an essential to me is extraneous to you — and the staff has the answers to technical and not-so-technical questions, from what route to take to tackle your first, or 15th 14er, to exactly what to pack in your new backpack.
From down sleeping bags to down coats, camp stoves to hiking poles, cute (yet technically savvy) toques to guide books and maps, Ptarmigan Sports can make roughing it just a little bit easier.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Best of Vail
- Catherine Kelley’s murderer pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman, says he ‘hates’ what he did
- Negative effects of legal marijuana rising, law enforcement task force study finds
- Riverwalk Theater in Edwards has new owners and is now serving beer, wine
- Scammers targeting Vail Valley, gaining access to personal accounts and family funds
- Vail Mountain snowmaking expansion plan would increase capacity by 52 percent