Best of Vail: Best Pizza
November 13, 2017
1. Pazzo's Pizzeria
3. Pickup's Pizza
Vail Valley's local pizzeria has locations in Vail, Avon and Eagle. Stop in for homemade pie selections such as the Pizza de Roma, with sun-dried tomatoes, fresh garlic, fresh red peppers, kalamata olives and fresh basil.
"It's made consistently every time," says Emile Vasquez, manager of Pazzo's in Eagle, of their pizza. "You always know what you're going to get when you come here; we have had the same recipe for 20 years, and it's never changed."
Choose from two types of crust — regular hand-tossed, which is think, and the Sicilian, a little thicker.
"The dough is made every singe day," Vasquez said, "so it's always fresh."
Other food is available, as well, such as salads, cheese garlic bread and mozzarella sticks, plus a variety of calzone, pasta and sandwich selections.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Best of Vail
- Brothers arrested in Garfield, Eagle drug trafficking ring
- Runoff has already peaked from Vail Valley-area rivers; there’s concern for summer
- In fight with rare cancer CIC-DUX4, Campbell Sullivan just wants to ski
- Vail Valley’s 2018 graduating seniors: a salute
- Minturn’s 5,000-gallon-a-day water loss in the Union Pacific mobile home park (letter)