Best of Vail: Best Salad
November 13, 2017
1. The Rose
2. The Bookworm Of Edwards
You know how Elaine just wanted a really big salad on "Seinfeld"? She did not have the pleasure of dining at The Rose, where the salads are astonishingly delicious. It's easy to see why this vibrant restaurant won top honors for salads. These salads aren't a few sad pieces of droopy lettuce drenched in dressing — instead, they are fresh and yummy with ingredients that create a mouth-watering explosion.
The Rose Salad showcases locally grown greens, corn, tomato, avocado, goat cheese, almonds, corn-bread crouton — and dates. It's little twists like this that have diners swooning over salad. The Beet Salad — a symphony of color — comes with citrus-yogurt dressing over arugula, pistachio powder, balsamic reduction and crispy shallots. Kale, the current rockstar of the cruciferous world, comes with roasted butternut squash, goat cheese, granny smith applies and candied pumpkin seeds. Yowza.
Protein additions include pork belly, quinoa, seared ahi, crispy pork or braised chicken for a complete salad-slash-meal in one. The salads are beyond diet-fare, indeed.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Best of Vail
- Whistle Pig Vail: Everything you need to know about the new summer concert series coming to Vail
- Soft cuffs and Gorilla tape were ‘consensual’ for San Diego man accused of attempted murder
- Chris Del Bosco crashes hard in Olympic ski cross event
- Eagle County’s ECO Transit bus system could see significant changes by next winter
- Spring Back to Vail returns starting March 31; SOJA musical headliner