Best of Vail: Best Salad
November 13, 2017
1. The Rose
2. The Bookworm Of Edwards
You know how Elaine just wanted a really big salad on "Seinfeld"? She did not have the pleasure of dining at The Rose, where the salads are astonishingly delicious. It's easy to see why this vibrant restaurant won top honors for salads. These salads aren't a few sad pieces of droopy lettuce drenched in dressing — instead, they are fresh and yummy with ingredients that create a mouth-watering explosion.
The Rose Salad showcases locally grown greens, corn, tomato, avocado, goat cheese, almonds, corn-bread crouton — and dates. It's little twists like this that have diners swooning over salad. The Beet Salad — a symphony of color — comes with citrus-yogurt dressing over arugula, pistachio powder, balsamic reduction and crispy shallots. Kale, the current rockstar of the cruciferous world, comes with roasted butternut squash, goat cheese, granny smith applies and candied pumpkin seeds. Yowza.
Protein additions include pork belly, quinoa, seared ahi, crispy pork or braised chicken for a complete salad-slash-meal in one. The salads are beyond diet-fare, indeed.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Best of Vail
- Woman from out of state dies after fall on Mount Royal in Frisco
- Rash of high-end bike thefts in Summit County might be connected to similar crimes in Vail, Avon
- Vail Valley’s most extravagant outdoor water users facing fines, disconnection
- Gypsum council to consider smaller home, 55-plus community project at meeting Aug. 14
- With 1,080 children competing, 2018 Kids Adventure Games was the biggest yet