Best of Vail: Best Seafood
November 13, 2017
3. Yama Sushi
The restaurant name is a dead giveaway to what it is all about.
"Our concept here is we are not a sushi restaurant, we are a fresh-fish house," said Hooked manager Evan Biner. "Our claim to fame is we fly in fresh fish every day."
Dining at Hooked is a culinary adventure. After they are seated, diners are greeted by the restaurant fishmonger, who presents the various options for the day. The tablemates then select their fish and a variety of preparation options. Biner noted a single fish could yield 20 preparations. While sushi is an option at Hooked, the restaurant offers dozens of raw and cooked preparations to choose from.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Best of Vail
- Brothers arrested in Garfield, Eagle drug trafficking ring
- Vail Valley’s 2018 graduating seniors: a salute
- Vail Valley businesses hurting while feds delay issuing seasonal work visas
- Runoff has already peaked from Vail Valley-area rivers; there’s concern for summer
- In fight with rare cancer CIC-DUX4, Campbell Sullivan just wants to ski