Best of Vail: Best Seafood
November 13, 2017
3. Yama Sushi
The restaurant name is a dead giveaway to what it is all about.
"Our concept here is we are not a sushi restaurant, we are a fresh-fish house," said Hooked manager Evan Biner. "Our claim to fame is we fly in fresh fish every day."
Dining at Hooked is a culinary adventure. After they are seated, diners are greeted by the restaurant fishmonger, who presents the various options for the day. The tablemates then select their fish and a variety of preparation options. Biner noted a single fish could yield 20 preparations. While sushi is an option at Hooked, the restaurant offers dozens of raw and cooked preparations to choose from.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Best of Vail
- Whistle Pig Vail: Everything you need to know about the new summer concert series coming to Vail
- Soft cuffs and Gorilla tape were ‘consensual’ for San Diego man accused of attempted murder
- Chris Del Bosco crashes hard in Olympic ski cross event
- Eagle County’s ECO Transit bus system could see significant changes by next winter
- Spring Back to Vail returns starting March 31; SOJA musical headliner