Best of Vail: Best Seafood
November 13, 2017
3. Yama Sushi
The restaurant name is a dead giveaway to what it is all about.
"Our concept here is we are not a sushi restaurant, we are a fresh-fish house," said Hooked manager Evan Biner. "Our claim to fame is we fly in fresh fish every day."
Dining at Hooked is a culinary adventure. After they are seated, diners are greeted by the restaurant fishmonger, who presents the various options for the day. The tablemates then select their fish and a variety of preparation options. Biner noted a single fish could yield 20 preparations. While sushi is an option at Hooked, the restaurant offers dozens of raw and cooked preparations to choose from.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Best of Vail
- Silver Creek Fire near Kremmling grows to 3,198 acres; air quality advisory in effect for Eagle County
- Gypsum Town Council approves 591-unit Siena Lake proposal
- Vail businesses say they’re ready for Colorado Classic parking changes, crowds
- Cycling greats set to hit town of Vail’s streets
- Vail Valley’s most extravagant outdoor water users facing fines, disconnection