Best of Vail: Best Shoe Store
November 13, 2017
1. Ptarmigan Sports
2. Vail Boot & Shoe
3. Colorado Footwear
The days of practical (read: ugly) shoes are way behind us, thank goodness. Ptarmigan Sports has melded the stylish with the sensible in its extensive shoe collection, showcased on the store's expansive wall. Each shoe seems more swoon-worthy than the last. Hiking boots with extra support, running shoes with tieless laces, winter boots with style and panache, clogs with grip — and that is just the start of the wall.
Come summer drool over the colorful flip-flops, open-toed sandals or stylish flats. Running shoes have never been so appealing, in colors, sizes and styles that fit even the strangest-shaped feet. The staff of outdoor explorers has suggestions and is ready to bring out a variety of sizes — and if on the off chance they don't have a size, they will order it up.
The shoe selection is not just for adults. Kids have learned that Ptarmigan is the place to go for water shoes and running shoes, kick-about loafers and flip-flops, too.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Best of Vail
- Vail Valley’s most extravagant outdoor water users facing fines, disconnection
- Silver Creek Fire near Kremmling grows to 3,198 acres; air quality advisory in effect for Eagle County
- Woman from out of state dies after fall on Mount Royal in Frisco
- Lives in progress, a thing to behold: Carol Conger helped thousands of Vail Valley people start life right
- Rash of high-end bike thefts in Summit County might be connected to similar crimes in Vail, Avon