Best Ski Shop
November 13, 2017
1. Base Mountain Sports
2. Buzz's Boards
3. Venture Sports
Base Mountain Sports, with locations in Beaver Creek, at the Wyndham Resort in Avon and in Lionshead Village, has been locally family owned and operated since 1980, which said Colter Barnett, rental floor manager, gives the company a leg up on the competition.
"We have the ability to carry multiple lines, multiple brands," he said. "We're not shackled by the confines of corporations. We can work with our customer base and do small little things like replacing a binding strap for free and provide rentals to locals during the busy season."
Regardless of where you're from — East Vail to Gypsum or farther-flung locales from Texas to Chicago to New York — you'll be met with the same friendly service, whether you're seeking a rental or a tune or upgrading your gear from Base Mountain Sports' wide selection of retail options. The shop carries ski industry heavy-hitters Atomic and Blizzard, as well as smaller brands like Topo Designs out of Denver.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Best of Vail
- Line cut leads to CenturyLink internet outages; service expected to be restored by 10 p.m. Tuesday
- Best of Vail 2018 winners (full list)
- Vail, Beaver Creek to open early for 2018-19 season
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Vail Valley winter air service includes more flights from several cities