Best of Vail: Best Smoothie
November 13, 2017
1. Green Elephant Juicery
2. The Bookworm of Edwards
3. Sticky Fingers Cafe & Bakery
Sometimes it's nice to get a whole lot of nutrition from a delicious smoothie, and that's exactly what Green Elephant Juicery provides the Vail Valley on a daily basis. With locations in Vail and Avon, Green Elephant uses only organic ingredients, and they will also deliver to you door.
"We use 100 percent organic produce, everything is plant-based, so we don't use any dairy or yogurts or anything like that," said Osha Groetz, working partner for Green Elephant. "And we always make sure that none of the things we make here in the store, including smoothies, have any refined sugars or cane sugars in them."
Smoothies, she said, can even be a great way to get your nutrients with convenience and flavor.
"A lot of our smoothies are more based around trying to fill in your nutrition needs without making them a sugary blast," she said, "and trying to keep as low glycemic counts as we can in everything."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Best of Vail
- Brothers arrested in Garfield, Eagle drug trafficking ring
- Vail Valley’s 2018 graduating seniors: a salute
- Minturn’s 5,000-gallon-a-day water loss in the Union Pacific mobile home park (letter)
- Runoff has already peaked from Vail Valley-area rivers; there’s concern for summer
- Eagle County pledges $500,000 to jump start mental health services; Mental Health Advisory Committee named